***Visit MrToft.ca for this year’s 2010/2011 class blog.***
The time has come to archive this blog. You can still visit the 2009/10 class blog but you will no longer be able sign in and write posts.
Former students are more than welcome to visit the new blog. It would be great to hear from you, just leave us a comment!
Tonight I am having the first sleep over of the summer with my BFF Nicole. I am looking forward to having pizza, playing games, talking girl stuff!!!She is going to be here any second now!!! First I am going to tell her all about tennis camp that I went to last week well that’s a different story. I caaaaaaaaaaaaaaant wait!!!!!☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺
hi everyone i really miss you guys i am crying right now and watching TV anyway Florida is awesome the beach is right across the street and the water is like 85 c witch by the way is really warm. like so warm when i jumped in the heated pool i was cold. anyway see all of you in grade 6 well almost all of you right Mr. Toft. anyway going to the beach bye.
hi today at 3:00 i went to the dentist to get 2 teeth pulled! they put this gel that smelt like strawberry on 4 spots of my mouth, in front of both teeth and behind. then i got 6 needles, (but i coudnt feel them barely) 4 where the gel went so one on each spot then 1 needle under each tooth. then they pulled my teeth out. the teeth are 2 over from my 2 front teeth on the top but on opposite sides. i cant remember what the dentist called the teeth. now my upper lip is really numb and i cant control it. it feels really puffy! Talia could relate to this! anyways, have a great summer!!!!
So far my summer is going very well. On my first day of vacation I went to the tennis club with my Aunt and Uncle for breakfast downtown. We were supposed to play tennis but it was raining so we went to the Science and Tech museum and then went out for lunch, Starbucks and shopping at Lululemon. When I got home we went to a rib fest pool party. Thursday we went to the cottage for Canada Day and celebrate my Aunt’s birthday. I got to play with my two little cousins which was fun. We came back in time to go see the fireworks from the Corel Centre. My Mom and I went to the fireworks in our p.j.’s with hot chocolate. We opened the sun roof and I stood up and watched them from there for awhile. Today we are going to go swimming and tomorrow we are off to Brockville to sea-doo, shop and have a barbeque at my Uncle’s. What are you doing this summer?
My summer is going to be a great summer beacuse i’m going to camp midway. Camp Midway is the greatest this year because I’m going to Mont Cascade. I hope everyone is having a great summer. see you next year guys. BBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEE. ( sob, sob, sob, sob,).
I will miss everyone in our class and all my friends from other classes! See you next year in grade 6!
Congratulations! You made all the way to the end of Grade 5! It was quite a ride wasn’t it?
Here are my top five memories of 2009/2010:
5. The ski trips at Mont Cascades. It’s was a privilege to have the opportunity to see you all develop from nervous bunny hill skiers into experience skiers.
4. Reading Skeleton Creek and Trackers. Wow, when you guys like a book, you REALLY like a book. You made me want to keep reading it to you just so I could watch your excitement when it was finally time to play another video.
3. Our Christmas “road show”. We played at least six songs from memory and spent a large part of the day playing concerts in classroom after classroom. Even with some technical difficulties for one performance we still put on a great show.
2. Our “Portable Radio’s .CA Rocks” video! Not only did we put together a cool video, we managed to convince over 5000 people to watch. And that all led to our appearance on A Channel’s “Ottawa Morning”.
1. Our Blog. It was incredible how quickly and easily many of you took ownership of this blog. Some of you even wrote to us when you were on vacation or when you were home sick. There were many genuinely engaging conversations that took place when you decided to leave comments. By far, this class was the best blogging class I’ve ever had! I don’t know if you realize how many teachers you have inspired to make their own blogs because of your writing. Your writing, your ideas, your opinions and your stories are being heard.
What were your best memories of Grade 5? Feel free to leave a comment!
I wish you all the best next year in Grade 6!
SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER TOMORROW
SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER TOMORROW